Pension Redress Program
The parties to the PSCBC, on the 02 September 1998 and 29 November 2002 respectively, agreed on a pension restructure process through the Public Service Co-ordinating Bargaining Council (PSCBC) Resolution 07 of 1998 and Resolution 12 of 2002.
The aim of the two resolutions is to provide compensation to government employees who suffered various forms of discrimination by government pension funds under apartheid. This discrimination amongst others includes the following; female teachers and other female employees in the public service who had to resign to give birth and upon return were admitted to the Temporary Employees Pension Fund (TEPF), RSA citizens employed in former Transkei, Bophuthatswana, Venda, and Ciskei (the so-called “TBVC States”) and Employees admitted to temporary pension funds due to their medical/physical status.
The following members qualified:
- Employees in service on 2nd September 1998, and
- Employees who suffered forms of discrimination (as outlined above) in terms of the PSCBC Pension Redress process
The following needs to be noted:
- Members that are currently in-service and qualified for the redress process, their service period has been increased.
- Members who qualified and are currently receiving a monthly pension from GEPF, payment has commenced for people on pensions.
- Members who qualified and have exited the system have to be “traced” in order to have their details verified for pay-out. These include members who have resigned and beneficiaries of the deceased members.
- The application process closed on the 31 March 2012, there is no further application processes that the PSCBC will embark upon.
- We are aware that there are agents that are misleading people by presenting them with application forms, charging them exorbitant fees and making false promises regarding the redress process, we view this as mischievous behaviour and caution people not to engage these services.
Check Your Application Status:
Follow the link and enter your ID number to see the status of application: https://www.pscbc.co.za
Have you previously been approved for REDRESS pension or are you the beneficiary of a late member who qualifies? Let us assist you and follow-up on the process. We will communicate all necessary information and update on the status of the claim and ensure you receive your pay-out (should you qualify and are approved).
Please contact us and we will send you further information.